Holistic, community-led development.
Imagine a world without extreme poverty. A world where everyone has access to clean water, quality education, economic opportunity and adequate healthcare. And a world where development and change is led by communities themselves.
That is the world WEEMA envisions.
WHAT WE DO
- To empower Ethiopian communities through clean water access, education, economic opportunity and health care – all driven by local leadership and community collaboration.
- 800 students in 3 new kindergartens
- 1 public library
- 1 high school upgrade
- Pilot program with digital learning
- Art and sport supplies delivered
- 1000 people cured from cataract blindness
- 39 solar lights installed in delivery rooms
- 36 health workers taught Essential Newborn Care
- 5 women trained at Hamlin College of Midwives
- 50,000 people with clean access
- Constructed over 15 miles of new pipeline
- Built 20 new water points
- Repaired 3 old systems
- Replaced 2 water pumps
- 96% of WEEMA staff in-country
- Partner with local, state and regional government
- Committed to community-led development